Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring September's SOTM, which is Treasures, a set of 13 stamps. If you have come here from Debra's Blog, you are on the right path!

This month we have over 70 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

The first two are made with the brayering technique. The images from the set were stamped in black ink to pop out from the background. We made these at our unit's stamping play day, and they were designed by Sharon Quella.

Treasures, Black, Creme Brulee, & Goldrush stamp pads, rubber brayer,
sponge, and post it notes.

This second one, we made just the main image panel, and we had to take it home to finish it, and this is what I came up with. I tore the top edge of the new england ivy cs to mimic the shape of the mountains.Treasures, Four Seasons, Indian Corn Blue, New England Ivy, & Black cs, rubber brayer, post it notes, sponge, Crystal Blue, Indian Corn Blue, New England Ivy, & Black stamp pads, blue ribbon, black Photo Clips

I really wanted to play with the large dandelion puff stamp. I kept remembering how my Mom would use hair spray to set the puffs and lightly colored the puffs with spray paint before we picked them. They were so pretty. I made this dandelion puff by stamping with white daisy stamp pad, and setting it with clear detail EP. Then I sponged in Twilight, starting in the middle darker, and edges lighter. The puff was cut out and it needed something, so I lightly sponged some chocolate ink around the edges, and mounted it onto the card with foam squares. This card pattern was based on Wishes, Medallion--the puff replaces the circle element. I hope you like what you have seen on my blog, and plan to come back to explore my blog more!Treasures, Grace L2 paper pack, Wishes, White Daisy, Chocolate, & Twilight stamp pads, Clear Detail EP, foam squares, round sponge

Now "Hop" on over to Sarita's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting and other fun ideas! Remember, the Sept SOTM is only available until September 30th! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free! If you get lost on the hop or find links that aren't working, click HERE for a complete list of participating blogs.

15 comments:

pammie said...

Awesome, simply AWESOME

Cibele Glazer said...

Truly beautiful. You are an awesome scene-maker and I am quickly becoming a fan. I only wish I knew how to make my brayer do those things. TFS.

Sheila Bennett said...

Really like your second card with the tree on the hill. What a unique way to use this stamp set.

Wendy K. said...

Beautiful landscapes!

Katy said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous...I was in awe of the "sunshine card" then scrolled down to the "mountain card" and my jaw was still on the floor. I'm going to have to come back and study this one so I can 'copy'. TFS!!

Carla said...

Beautiful cards!! Great work!

Nancy said...

Wow! Beautiful cards!

Linda Shewchuk said...

beautiful Braying!!!!

Barbara said...

Such lovely cards!! I really love the sunburst card...WOW!!

Jena said...

Love your brayered cards - beautiful! TFS!

Cindy said...

I said "Oh Wow" out loud when I say your brayer sun and sky....great job!

Debra said...

Gorgeous! I love the brayered cards!

Haley D. said...

That brayered sun is incredibly beautiful!

fontaseefootball said...

For Lineage 2 Cheats, Lineage 2 Dupes, Lineage 2 adena cheats, Lineage 2 Bots, Lineage 2 Guides, and Walkthroughs click here

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!