Friday, August 14, 2009

The Butterfly Effect

While we're still in butterfly mode, here is another one for you. CTMH puts 6 x 12 cardstock with the title/info of paper packs. I am a stickler for space saving, and from now on, when I am using a paper pack, and it still has that cs in the pack, I am taking it out. It really adds up, I have a 2 inch stack to prove it. Anyway, instead of just throwing them away, I am using the back sides of them for my cards. This one happened to be semi-glossy, and the inks blended like watercolors. I love the effect it gave here. I just had to get this butterfly set, even though it is a Martha set. I used a flourish stamp from CTMH Legendary Moments to frame the card.
Ready, here's the how to: Stamp your butterfly in versamark, then black ink. Emboss with clear powder. Then I colored the outer edges of the butterfly with sunflower marker, then the middle of the wings were goldrush, and the center and body is autumn terracotta. While the ink is still wet, cover with clear embossing powder, and heat set. If any of the marker ink dried before you emboss, you can go over it with the sunflower marker to re-wet it, and then add more powder and emboss. I sponged buttercup around the butterfly, then added sunflower ink, leaving some of the buttercup showing. Around the sunflower ink, add goldrush... and finally, some autumn terracotta on the very edges. Stamp the corner flourish from Legendary Moments in each corner. I used a metallic gold marker on the edges of the butterfly panel, and the black panel. I put a small gold concho in each corner, then assembled. It's hard to see, but I also randomly added gold dots all over in the black flourish area with a gold gel pen. Finished card is 5 inches square.
I had a photo shoot today, what do you think of this style? I had a great sunny day and wanted to take advantage of that. I think it turned out pretty good, if I don't say so myself.

1 comment:

Penny said...

I saw this on the boards so of course I had to come to your blog and I've been looking around and oh.my.word. Your work is absolutely amazing, gorgeous. I'm so jealous. I wish I could do that!!!!!!!