Monday, August 3, 2009

Bird Day--A Pretty Bird, and an Ugly Bird

I was just planning on posting the second bird card below, but I couldn't post just one ugly card... I made this one a loooong time ago after being inspired by a blog I had just discovered and began following. Can you guess? Michelle Zindorf. The bird has been colored in and then I sealed it with an embossing marker and clear powder. I sponged Heavenly Blue around the bird for a sky. I used my Cuttlebug with Fancy Corners, Folder 2 over a printed saying, and sponged it with Bamboo ink.
Ok, I'm still undecided on this one...I think it's kind of ugly. I caved and got some of the Martha Stewart DP, and of course, this is the only card I used it with after 3 months. I used Originals Overview as a guide. Maybe if I hadn't simplified the design by skipping on matting the dotted rectangle, and skipping the 3 squares below it, it would have worked better? Or maybe the Taffy color truly is Terrible Taffy. Anyway, I'll go ahead and call it the ugly bird card.

No comments: