Monday, July 27, 2009

Grapevine Emboss Resist

Hi there! How are you enjoying my daily posts? I hope you are. Last week I mentioned a card I made on my own with the techniques I learned at the MZ workshops. This is it, my own creation applying all of the things I learned. In the advanced class, we used versamark and colored stamp pads with clear embossing powder. I did this with the grapes, then the leaves on the focal piece. Then I colored in the open areas on the grapes, and the veins on the leaves. Color over those areas with Versamarker, and clear embossed. I brayered Heavenly Blue, then Crystal Blue from the top to create the sky. It was a bit plain, so I used the Intristric Backgrounds stamp to make the lattice. Assembled, and used the paper piercer to make to holes on the bottom. Again, I used retired CTMH stamps, they are Q227 Grapevine (individual wood stamp) and B1181 From the Garden. Well, my vacation is over, back to work today. I really enjoyed my time off, and having enough energy to stamp everyday. Hopefully, the kids don't wear me out so much that I don't have any stamina to stamp when I get home... We'll see!
Juli

No comments: