Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yummy Cupcakes--Blog Candy!

Cupcakes are definately THE thing now. I have seen several of these 3D cupcakes, and I have been itching to make one myself. Here's my first attempt, and by first I mean that I plan to make more! Any guesses as to what I used for the base (what I covered)? Hint--it is NOT styrofoam. The first person to guess correctly will win this cupcake! If no one guesses the answer by Jan 31, I will pick a random winner from everyone who posts a comment to this post.

Here are a few more views of the cupcake:


10 comments:

Rosie said...

I'm going to guess a tennis ball... Its cute... I'm thinking now I should try one of these.

Stacy Engstrom said...

I'm with Rosie, I was going to say a ball. Regardless, it looks yummy enough to eat!!! It's a good diet cupcake with no calories! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Stacy

Stacey Gibbs said...

I think you used the round sponge.
One day I'll find the time to try this.

Shannon Murdock said...

Very cute! Did you use some sort of jar/container?

Cheri Howard said...

Maybe a paper machier sphere? Cute, whatever the base is!

Michelle said...

I'm guessing it's a coffee filter.

Lissa said...

This is soo cute! I'm totally clueless on what you used as the base, the only thing I can think of roughly that shape is a snowglobe! Can't wait to find out what you used! Thanks so much sharing, will have to make one of these now!

Connie said...

I'm going to guess wadded up and layered newspaper shaped like a ball. It's gorgeous! I can't wait to make my own.

itsabrt said...

I am guessing an ornament. This is really cute thanks for sharing all your great work with us! BR-T

Tina said...

My guess is a balloon. Either way, it is so cute!!!