Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chocolate Covered Strawberry

Here is "cupcake" #2. I wanted to make a strawberry, then as I was working on it I decided to make it a yummy chocolate dipped berry. Sorry folks, this one is mine for keeps.The top was made with Just Blooms Big Pinks Flowers. I even dyed the pink ones, and it worked well. Then cut each petal down the center and round the edges. I used a Autumn Leaves for the leaf. The blooms and leaf were dyed with Clover Meadow reinker. The stem is just 1/8 inch wide cs wrapped around wire, and the runner is 1/16 inch cs that curled as I cut it on my trimmer.
I punched 7/8 inch and 1 inch circles from some holiday red B&T paper, and glued them down to the ornament. I covered the bottom with a large piece of textured chocolate cs. I had to wet it a little to help it bend and fit over the cap from the ornament. I hid the seam with the ruffled ribbon. I painted the upper part of the berry with chocolate reinker mixed with create a shade pearl paint. Next time I would paint before adding the ribbon, but I needed to get to bed and wasn't thinking that far ahead... Who hasn't done that before!

No comments: